Day and Night – Undertakers
Advice and support
Surrounded by a friendly, perfectly trained and informed team, we are at your entire disposal, will provide you with all the support and discretion that is appropriate by being available for you at all times in order to organize everything down to the smallest detail and support you in these difficult times with respect and dignity.
Families have the right to
- Use the funeral home of their choice
- Participate in tasks related to the preparation of the deceased, if desired
- Dress the deceased in personal clothes
- Be present when the deceased is placed in coffin
- Choose the mortuary home which can be at the family home
- See the deceased again in the mortuary room or in the crypt
- Decide on the location of the ceremony and the type of ceremony
- Choose the day and time of the ceremony, in agreement with the burial service of the municipality.
Families have approximately 36 to 72 hours until the ceremony, or even more if the need arises.
- Attend the closing of the coffin, before the ceremony, and place personal items there
- Designate relatives or friends to carry the coffin, the cross, the flowers, the photo, if applicable
- Follow the mortuary car to the place of the ceremony: church, mortuary chapel, temple, mosque, Kingdom House, crematory, cemetery, …
- Be present during the burial of the coffin in the cemetery, the cinerary urn in a grave, the ashes in a grave or in the Garden of Remembrance
- After the cremation, freely dispose of the ashes, the cinerary urn and decide on the place of burial of the latter (valid in Switzerland only)
- Request a quote by phone, including all expenses, without forgetting advances of costs for the funeral announcement, announcements, cremation tax, church fees, organist, church choir, glass-agape after the ceremony, if desired, …